Arctoris is a young and rapidly growing biotech generating superior quality drug discovery data that has wholly-owned drug discovery R&D in the areas of neuroscience and oncology, and partners with biotech and pharma companies worldwide to execute the most demanding R&D projects. Arctoris has developed its proprietary automated platform, Ulysses, incorporating integrated robotics, cutting-edge instrumentation, and automated experimental and analytical pipelines. Arctoris and its team of outstanding scientists generate precise and reliable drug discovery data across a broad range of therapeutic areas.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Automation Engineer for this newly created position. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in all aspects of both our client-focused work and collaborative drug discovery and research automation projects.
- Design, release and develop our lab automation systems
- Assist the scientific team with new instrument installations
- Effective management of software lifecycle processes and automation projects, from development and design to verification and validation strategies
- Providing guidance to colleagues to ensure validated systems are managed in accordance with regulatory requirements/best practices
- Collaborate on software and lifecycle processes, which support the development of new technologies, instrumentation and automation strategies
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and automation related problems
- Ability to remotely troubleshoot and diagnose systems is a benefit
- Accurately report technical conditions, potential corrective actions, and information to the automation team
- Work with the automation team to implement corrective action changes to processes, components, designs etc
- Draft and maintain assembly and quality control procedures
- Work as required, with minimal or no supervision
- Participates in setting and achieving personal and team goals
- Actively identify improvements to current systems and new equipment
- Working with scientists on building automated workflows using scheduling software
Qualifications and Experience
We know that our long list of experience is wishful thinking! If you have some experience, a desire to work in this field and a thirst for learning then we would love to hear from you.
Prior automation equipment experience to include:
- Ideally prior experience within life science automation sector
- Programming experience in Python and/or C# (not crucial, which language - but ability to learn new is very good).
- Programming liquid handlers is a plus
- Programming robotic arms
Electric Engineering skills and/or experience:
- Power management
- Safety system design
Mechanical engineering skills, experience:
Super extra desirable:
- Experience in designing and implementing High Throughput Screening systems/compound management
- Experience in designing and/or building pneumatic systems
- Experience in IT infrastructure is desirable
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair complex mechanical and electromechanical devices
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a busy environment
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Positive attitude with an ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diligent attention to safety
- Scientific or engineering degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline with at least 1 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably using Laboratory Automation, Automated Liquid Handlers, Imaging or Detection Instruments
- A good understanding of the software connections between data and mechanical automation
Why join us?
A career at Arctoris is one designed to last. We support our team members at every stage of their lives, with global opportunities and flexible working available to everyone. When you are at your best, we are at ours!
LearningLearn something new every single day, be challenged, and develop
CollaborationWork with stellar colleagues - doctors, engineers, scientists, marketers, and many more
WellnessLife, health and wellbeing support
FlexibilityYou have the opportunity to choose how and where you work
GrowthPersonal development fund to continue your own professional journey
RewardsHighly competitive compensation package, including 28 days' annual leave, life insurance, pension scheme, etc
Arctoris is a tech-enabled drug discovery company headquartered in Oxford and Boston. Arctoris combines its unique automation platform, Ulysses, with advanced computational approaches and a world-class team of seasoned drug hunters to guide and rapidly progress its wholly owned and partnered drug discovery programs in oncology and neurology. https://www.arctoris.com/